Like many other modern smart appliances, the General Electric refrigerator can glitch or simply stop working. You should reset your refrigerator in case it does not react to temperature knob, or doesn’t make ice. If you do the reset procedure yourself, you can save a lot of money and time.
1. You will need access to the back of your GE refrigerator. If it is in the wall, than pull it out.
2. Unplug the power cord from the outlet. Wait for at least 30 seconds.
3. Plug back the power cord and listen, if it starts.
4. There is a small switch on the icemaker. Turn it off, then turn it on after 30 seconds.
5. There is a metal wire feeler arm on the top of the icemaker. Push and pull back the arm three times. This applies only to non-electronic icemakers.
Your refrigerator should be reset now.