These codes indicate that the fridge is in the demo (showroom, display) mode. This mode is used to demonstrate a product’s aesthetic, but not functional value. In other words, with this error flashing on the display, a fridge looks handsome with the display panel and interior lights illuminating, but the compressor is not running. Consequently, the fridge is not cooling. All Samsung refrigerators feature this mode.
In this mode, the compressor is silent, and so are the water dispenser and ice maker. This is how it should be if a fridge is displayed in a showroom or store. This is no good way to store food, so the error must be cleared ASAP. This can be done through a simple reset, but in slightly different ways in different models:
- Push Freezer and Power Freeze simultaneously and hold the buttons for 3 to 5 seconds.
In other models, it is this:
- Press Power Freeze and Freezer simultaneously and hold until it beeps.
- Press the upper left button and one below it on the display panel and hold them for 3 to 5 seconds until a bell rings.
Here are a few other press-and-hold button combinations, which can fix the problem:
- EXPRESS FREEZE + REFRIGERATOR TEMMP CONTROL (3 to 5 seconds)
- LIGHTING + FREEZER (3 to 5 seconds)
- POWER FREEZE + FREEZER (5 to 10 seconds)
- HOME + HELP (3 to 5 seconds)
- ICE PLUS ULTRA ICE + REFRIGERATOR TEMP (3 to 5 seconds)
- ICE PLUS ULTRA ICE + UP DOOWN (3 to 5 seconds)